About Our Team
We know the industry, we know the business and we know design! There are added benefits to letting Spectrum create a design solution for you:
Save Time and Money: This is what we do everyday. We know our medium and we have the experience to do it right and to do it efficiently.
• Your Imagination is your guide: Our resource library literally contains thousands of images, typefaces, and graphics to enhance your design. We have the software and the knowledge to add shadows, remove blemishes, and to create near impossible visual solutions for you.
• You are in control: Throughout the design process, you have several opportunities to view proofs of your packaging solution. Not only can we provide hard-copy color proofs, but we can conveniently post your proofs online that you can view from your office or home.
• Spectrum is your one stop solution: Once your design is approved it is carefully printed to the highest standards. Your project is delivered to you completely assembled and ready for distribution. We can also enhance your marketing efforts with exceptionally designed promotional materials including brochures and posters.
• Your solution is only a phone call away: Call us now to get your project started. Our courteous and expert staff will answer all of your questions and carefully guide you throughout the process. If you are working with another source for your design work, we can provide the technical assistance required to ensure that your project is done right the first time!
Along with your typewritten copy (Word files are especially helpful), you send us any photos, illustrations, logos, or graphic elements you would like to use. If you want, you can include a sketch of a design idea or samples of other work you like. (If you do not have a photo or illustration, we offer a collection of high-resolution images that will meet your needs.)
• We'll design and typeset your project and send an intermediate proof (laser print, fax or online) for your approval.
• On approval, your project will be printed on a full-color, automated press that's among the finest in the graphic arts industry.
• Your piece then moves to the bindery for necessary scoring, perforating and trimming.
• Finished printing comes to our assembly line where it is matched-up with your tapes and CDs for assembly and wrap
Submitting Your Materials
There are a few things you should know when submitting any materials to us for layout design. If you follow these guidelines your project will flow smoothly and we can ensure the highest quality in design and output.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
• Any Images or Illustrations you would like in your layout
• Word document with your projects Title, Artist Name, Track Listing and any Thank You's or Credits.
• If you have a certain 'look' you are going for such as something similar to your a CD cover of your favorite musician, any examples of that would be helpful
Photo prints are always welcome but if you are going to provide electronic image files to us please follow these guidelines:
• All color and grayscale image files should be scanned at a resolution of at least 300 dpi (dots per inch) at actual printing size. 1-bit images should have a much higher resolution (1200 dpi is recommended.) DO NOT FAKE RESOLUTION, it will still look jagged.
• Save your images as .TIF files. Avoid saving your images as .JPG or .GIF formats as they will most likely severely degrade their quality. Include the layered version of your Photoshop file (.PSD) if applicable; this is a good safeguard for minor problems.
• Your images should be in the proper color mode (usually CMYK, grayscale, or bitmap - NEVER RGB.) Also, remember that any images used on B&W sections should be in grayscale or bitmap mode (Not CMYK, RGB, Duotone, etc.)
• Please do all of your image rotating and sizing in your image editing program (Photoshop, etc...) instead of in your layout program. This makes your files print faster and more trouble-free.
If you have any questions that are not answered here, you can reach a Spectrum artist at 1.800.334.9328 / 405.360.8702 / firstname.lastname@example.org